ACCREDITATION OF TERRORISM IN NIGERIA. BY: TAMEEM GARGA Skip to main content

Featured

The Pandemonium: a short story.

 THE PANDEMONIUM Standing at the doorway of our house, I knew the temperature was rather cold but my armpits were sweating continuously. My left hand was somewhere resting somewhere in my white jumper pocket. The other one was hanging at the other side squeezing itself.  I was trying to figure out how to avenge. That was the thought that came to my mind when we had just heard the news of my father’s death.  When the news struck my mother’s ears, she let go of the knife she was slicing okra with. She tried to control herself but to no avail. Okra was father’s favorite.  ‘Arna, the infidels, have killed him’ was the statement of the person who brought the sad news. I came out shortly after the man had left.  ‘Wallahi I must avenge,’ I soliloquized,  even though I knew father would not have wished me to avenge his death. I knew, too, that it was impossible to control myself against it. ‘Revenge has never pleased the soul and so I will never,’ my father once said. ‘Revenge never brings bac

ACCREDITATION OF TERRORISM IN NIGERIA. BY: TAMEEM GARGA

ACCREDITATION OF TERRORISM IN NIGERIA.
Terrorism by definition means any act that incites terror in the hearts of the people. To many people, this definition is very limited. And I think all definitions are limited even if they are not “very limited”. Even though the limitation of any definition depends on the knowledge of its recipients: some may see it a very complex one while some may see it a simple one; or even “very simple”. Whatever the simplicity or complexity a definition may be, terrorism is always “inciting terror”.  Or you can say “inciting terror” is the keyword in all the definitions of terrorism.
In Nigeria, we have, so far, encountered several groups of terrorist; the accredited and accredited and unaccredited.  They include: OPC, AFENIFERE  in the past and MASSOP, IPOD, Niger Delta Avengers and BOKO HARAM in the present . Terrorism is terrorism whether it is from the north or from the south; it is just terrorism. 
Among the terrorist groups mentioned, there are accredited and the unaccredited. To me, the accredited ones include, in recent times, IPOD, MASSOB and NIGER DELTA AVENGERS. They are the terrorists groups that kill, maim, kidnap and put the national economy at stake, yet the federal government, because of their accreditation, is ready to offer more financial assistance to them.  That was what “Yar Adua did. He gave them money and collected one of their five or for weapons they had each. They used the money and buy more sophisticated weapons-I bet you can see it too.
Even with the fact that IPOD and MASSOP in the same hand, and BOKO HARAM on the other hand, are fighting for same cause, the federal Government considers only BOKO HARAM as terrorist group. However IPOD and MASSOP enjoy the privilege of being certificated (I mean the accredited) terrorists.
I hope you will not argue with me regarding my above claim: BOKO HARAM is fighting for Islamic state while MASSOP for Biafra. No other way(s).  In the past, the method of the crackdown applied on BOKO HARAM fighters not as fierce it is today. Even before, the method was said to have been inflaming the situation but the government believed it to be better since it was an effort to eliminate the unregistered terrorist. Why shouldn’t you wonder why the method is not applied to the almighty MASSOP? It is because they are accredited terrorist and nobody dares call them “terrorists”.    
Today, the army chief, Tukur Burutai requested the order from the commander in chief to apply same method as applied to BOKO HARAM on the NIGER DELTA AVENGERS, but still the request not yet granted. You know why? They are the accredited. Feel free to remember that the West African court ordered Buhari to release the IPOD leader even with the fact that they know that any effort by individual or group that could lead to the incitement of national balkanization is a great offence. But today, we come to know that it is only offence on the unaccredited groups.
Long live federal republic of Nigeria!
Long live the president of Nigeria!
In fact long live me!
Short live terrorist (accredited  and the unaccredited)
    

                                                                                                                

Comments

Popular Posts