SADDAM, US AND ISIS: 12 YEARS AFTER SADAM HUSSAIN. TAMEEM GARGA Skip to main content

Featured

The Pandemonium: a short story.

 THE PANDEMONIUM Standing at the doorway of our house, I knew the temperature was rather cold but my armpits were sweating continuously. My left hand was somewhere resting somewhere in my white jumper pocket. The other one was hanging at the other side squeezing itself.  I was trying to figure out how to avenge. That was the thought that came to my mind when we had just heard the news of my father’s death.  When the news struck my mother’s ears, she let go of the knife she was slicing okra with. She tried to control herself but to no avail. Okra was father’s favorite.  ‘Arna, the infidels, have killed him’ was the statement of the person who brought the sad news. I came out shortly after the man had left.  ‘Wallahi I must avenge,’ I soliloquized,  even though I knew father would not have wished me to avenge his death. I knew, too, that it was impossible to control myself against it. ‘Revenge has never pleased the soul and so I will never,’ my father once said. ‘Revenge never brings bac

SADDAM, US AND ISIS: 12 YEARS AFTER SADAM HUSSAIN. TAMEEM GARGA

SADDAM, US AND ISIS: 12 YEARS AFTER SADAM HUSSAIN.
I hope you could remember that Abdul majid Sadam Husain Al-Tikriti was tried, convicted and killed, otherwise known to them  (the killers) as “executed” on  30th December 2016. He was convicted on 5th November 2006 and killed 45 or 46 days after. According to 5 supreme court judges of Iraq, Sadam was convicted for killing not more than 148 people in 1982 in the city of Dujal. At that time, Sadam claimed that the people were killed for plotting to kill him or for plotting to overthrow his government which was seen as heinous, according to the country's law at that time. Same thing is also an act of disobedience to the law of the land in the US; which is punishable by death. 

The tragedy began a short while after Sadam Hussain finished assisting US to invade Iran in 1980. Sadam took the fight and bombarded Iran for the period of eight good years. He killed a lot of his Arab folks to please America. For fear of the rapid growth of the Middle East, George Bush attacked Iraq saying that Iraq possessed weapon of mass destruction under Sadam Hussain.  For the period of such inversion, report said that not less than 500,000 (half a million) broods were killed by Bush food embargo. But I know you know that bush is still walking sound and healthy in the US; no court would dare execute him for killing more than million people (as it did to Sadam for killing 158 people). Not to mention the large number of Iraqi women that were raped by American soldiers. (According to Klaus Wiegrefe in SPIEGEL ONLINE, US soldiers raped up to 190000 women at the end of World War II
US officialy steped out of Iraq, under Barrack Obama, on December 14 2011. And in 20013 ISIS invaded the country killing large number of people. The Americans are now injoying the freedom of invading in the heart of Iraq. Under Sadam, no such group would have dared point weapon at Iraqis. Today, the Iraqis are saying they are better of under Sadam than today. When country wants a leader, America should not force its people to accept foreign system.  

   
Tameem Garga
5/6/2018


Comments

Popular Posts