AN OPEN LETTER TO HON. BABAYO GAGDI Skip to main content

Featured

The Pandemonium: a short story.

 THE PANDEMONIUM Standing at the doorway of our house, I knew the temperature was rather cold but my armpits were sweating continuously. My left hand was somewhere resting somewhere in my white jumper pocket. The other one was hanging at the other side squeezing itself.  I was trying to figure out how to avenge. That was the thought that came to my mind when we had just heard the news of my father’s death.  When the news struck my mother’s ears, she let go of the knife she was slicing okra with. She tried to control herself but to no avail. Okra was father’s favorite.  ‘Arna, the infidels, have killed him’ was the statement of the person who brought the sad news. I came out shortly after the man had left.  ‘Wallahi I must avenge,’ I soliloquized,  even though I knew father would not have wished me to avenge his death. I knew, too, that it was impossible to control myself against it. ‘Revenge has never pleased the soul and so I will never,’ my father once said. ‘Revenge never brings bac

AN OPEN LETTER TO HON. BABAYO GAGDI

AN OPEN LETTER TO HONORABLE BABAYO GAGDI Dear Sir, APOLOGIES FROM A SON OF GARGA I write on behalf my parents and siblings living in Garga town and their brethren living across the cities all over the country. Albeit I write with full knowledge of the wrath that could accompany this letter from some of my people, but I think it is imperative that you should be apologized and ready to upload the bitter words down my throat. Never think I write to impress anybody or to agonize my folks. If you have any political differences with any of my folks, you should not take this as an advantage. If you do so, it will mean you misconstrue my sincerity. And so you can as people who misread your appeal at the plateau state house of assembly to rein in any tunnel that could lead to more merciless attack against the people of Kanam Local Government which Garga happens to be its part. Thank you for your kind consideration. The fact that people in my place wrongly accused you for saying that there are BOKO HARAM members in their locality is indeed loathsome. As a normal human being, to be accused of an act you did not commit, must arise a negative feeling towards the accusers. I therefore call in to make an appeal to please let bygone be bygone. If you could remember, I was the first person who commented at your post on FACEBOOK regarding the said accusation. I later found the video your appeal at the house. I then find it incumbent on me to write an apology on behalf of the good people of Garga district not the political wailing wailers which I believe all politicians have them at stores; including you. Secondly, it should at least be known that Garga is a place inhabitant by your folks, Muslims and Christians and more importantly human being with humane characteristics. Therefore, let me use this route to urge you to desist from any act that may incite political hatred among its general populace. Remember that the position you are now might not have been occupied by you if Allah did not design it to be so. Be known that there were people who were there before you, and if the world permits, you will give the chance for others to exhibit. By then, you may either be somewhere up or somewhere down which shall not happen inshaAllah. It is my utmost desire to see that the people of Kanam are free from the shackles of illiteracy and destitution. And unless people like you, my father, Dayyabu Garga and other political figures, come to terms and abandon sectionalized politicking, we can never achieve what we ought to achieve. The sociopolitical and economic wellbeing of our people should be the fore cause of our politicians like you. Once more, thanks for voicing the interest of your people. You are there for that. Finally, may I not be misread, too, for misinterpretation is the worst bomb. I claim no infallibility. And so, corrections and advices are always welcomed. Tameem Y. garga Can be reached at: tameemgraga1@gmail.com tameemgarga@yahoo.com Tameem Gargar/facebook +2348068400069 www.tameemgarga.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts