DID I DRIVE A WEDGE BETWEEN BABAYO GAGDI AND OTHERS? Skip to main content

Featured

The Pandemonium: a short story.

 THE PANDEMONIUM Standing at the doorway of our house, I knew the temperature was rather cold but my armpits were sweating continuously. My left hand was somewhere resting somewhere in my white jumper pocket. The other one was hanging at the other side squeezing itself.  I was trying to figure out how to avenge. That was the thought that came to my mind when we had just heard the news of my father’s death.  When the news struck my mother’s ears, she let go of the knife she was slicing okra with. She tried to control herself but to no avail. Okra was father’s favorite.  ‘Arna, the infidels, have killed him’ was the statement of the person who brought the sad news. I came out shortly after the man had left.  ‘Wallahi I must avenge,’ I soliloquized,  even though I knew father would not have wished me to avenge his death. I knew, too, that it was impossible to control myself against it. ‘Revenge has never pleased the soul and so I will never,’ my father once said. ‘Revenge never brings bac

DID I DRIVE A WEDGE BETWEEN BABAYO GAGDI AND OTHERS?

DID I DRIVE A WEDGE BETWEEN BABAYO GAGDI AND OTHERS? When I wrote an apology letter to Babayo Gagdi, I thought it would only be a drop in the ocean matter. In other word, a trivial or insignificant matter. So far, I have received quite a lot of phone calls from friends and foes: I mean people befriend me as others loathe me to their nose. I am not, in any way, willing to throw my hat into the political ring. And that is the identity of my true feelings. I have never hidden my loathness toward politics and so I shouldn’t lie to malign. Politics is a game that should be played by trained players which I am not synonymous. The reason for this declaration is that, I received a lot of calls from many people advising me not to write such a piece again. Some called and slur. Some called and warned. Some told me to be discreet before I pen down anything, lest I could always be wrong: I agree. Some say I created animosity between politicians in our locality (I wonder if that could be possible). The last one I received was a threat. The caller called with phone number that starts 08061… and ends with …24. He called when I was about to set out for school only to be told that I deserved to be killed. ‘kaine kayi rubutu akan maganan Babayo Gagdin nan? (Are you the one that wrote that piece about Babayo Gagdi),’ he enquired ‘eh nine (Yes, I am, sir,’) I responded inquisitively. ‘To wallahi (By God’) he said, Jininka ya halatta ‘you deserve to be killed’ or ‘killing you is legally justified’. We spoke for a couple of minute afterword. I don’t want to talk more about this. The only thing I should do is to report to the security. And that is what I will do very soon. One important thing we should look at now is the structural unemployment in this technical society. If we cannot help the society grow, then we must not succumb or resort to violence. We should at least come together and produce a strong candidate that can fight against our oppositions. If not because of such political hubbubs among us, we can produce members of the National Assembly of our constituency from Kanam. But if we continue like this; we will never come to such blissful realization forever. In Kanam local Government, there are certain structural gargantuan institutional problems that cannot be solved with just mere internal fighting. Let us do politics for our people. Let us eschew exhibitionistic politics. With this, we can prosper.
Finally, I want to make this clear. I am a son of Garga. Garga is my blood. When it comes to any matter, I put Garga first before mine. I love it. I revere it. And i can sacrifice whatever I have for Garga.

I claim no infallibility. Therefore, correction, suggestions and advices are welcomed. Thanks.

Long live Garga disrict! Long live kanam Local government! Long live plateau sate! Long live federal republic of Nigeria! Tameem Garga. can be reached at:

Tameemgarga1@gmail.com tameemgarga@yahoomail.com www.tameemgarga.blogspot.com +2348068400069

Comments

Popular Posts